Skip to product information
1 of 18

412427/1957 - Bowaters Northfleet - Industrial Pale Green - DCC Sound Fitted

412427/1957 - Bowaters Northfleet - Industrial Pale Green - DCC Sound Fitted

SKU:ACC2865-DCC

Regular price £266.66 GBP
Regular price Sale price £266.66 GBP
Sale Sold out

Ruston 412427 was built new for Bowaters Packaging Ltd, for use at their newly expanded Northfleet site in Kent, leaving Boultham on 25 March 1957. The Thames Mills site at Northfleet had resumed producing newsprint at the end of 1945, with supplies of pulpwood coming from Canada and Scandinavia, and the manufacturing output had doubled by 1957. The pulpwood was unloaded from the ships berthed at the deep water jetty on the Thames and from there, the raw material was conveyed to the mills by the internal railway system. With the gradual decline in newsprint production, Thames Mills was closed and transferred into the ownership of Bowaters’ Northfleet Terminals Ltd group and in 1981 412427 was donated by NTL to the fledging North Downs Steam Railway, then to Chatham Dockyard, Stone (Dartford), and Tunbridge Wells, before finally moving to Oswestry, Shropshire in 2007 for use on the Cambrian Railway.

Sample Photographs are for illustrative purposes only. Detail variations will differ from model to model

View full details