Skip to product information
1 of 18

245034/1947 - Babcock & Wilcox No. P4937 - Industrial Green, with Wasp Stripes

245034/1947 - Babcock & Wilcox No. P4937 - Industrial Green, with Wasp Stripes

SKU:ACC2856

Regular price £191.66 GBP
Regular price Sale price £191.66 GBP
Sale Sold out

Ruston 245034 was built new for the firm of Babcox & Wilcox Ltd in Refrewshire, leaving the works on 1 December 1947, where it was part of a fleet of 88DS utilised by the Boilermakers. The works opened in 1895 and covered 180 acres, one of the largest boiler making works in the world at the time, which was accessed from the 3 mile long Paisley & Renfrew line running from the east bank of the River Cart at Paisley to a wharf at Renfrew on the south bank of the River Clyde. Although B&W Renfrew manufactured huge boilers for both conventional and nuclear power stations, the line was completely shut in 1977, the same year that production at Renfrew was scaled back due to the recession, with 1100 workers losing their jobs. 

Sample Photographs are for illustrative purposes only. Detail variations will differ from model to model

View full details